Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- Suspect apprehended in aggravated hijacking - July 19, 2017
- Budget Passage:‘We can’t let the good be the enemy of the perfect’ - July 15, 2017
- Collins to taxpayers: Now more than ever your voice is needed - July 15, 2017
ComEd and the Chicago Park District will be celebrating Buckingham Fountain’s 90th birthday on Saturday, May 6, 2017 with the annual Switch on Summer event where the iconic fountain is turned on for the season. To make this celebration even more rockin’, ComEd is holding a Facebook contest in search of a great band to perform at the event.
Bands interested in performing should submit the following to www.comed.com/BandContest:
- 30 second music video, mp4 format preferred
- Band name and hometown
- Group photo
- All band member names
- Contact address and phone
- Band Facebook page or website
- Confirmation statement that you’re able to perform on May 6, 2017
Videos using profanity, depictions of obscenities, etc., will not be considered. All submissions must be sent to www.comed.com/BandContest by March 20, 2017
Once submitted, the ComEd team will judge all videos based on originality of performance (20%), creativity (40%), and professionalism (40%), and the top three finalists will be posted on the ComEd Facebook page. Facebook users will then be able to vote for their favorite band by “liking” the corresponding video. The video with the most “likes” will win the contest.
Not only will the winner have the opportunity to perform for thousands of people in front of Chicago’s iconic Buckingham Fountain, but they will also benefit from social media promotion of their band and upcoming performance, as well as be awarded a $1,000 prize. At the event, bands will be required to provide their own backline equipment, but a professional sound system will be provided.